“Siliguri” the paradise for nature lovers is surrounded with hot water spring, Monastery, Temple, Himalayan pass, historic
building, high altitude lake, wildlife sanctuary, etc to attract tourists from all over the country. Various adventurous activity ranging from birding,
angling, rafting, trekking, biking, etc and with the mighty Himalayan range shielding from the north makes this region a paradise for nature lover.
Many famous tourist destinations like Darjeeling, Gangtok, Pelling, Jalpaiguri, Kalimpong, Lachen, Lachung, Meghalaya, Shillong, Guwahati and Silchar are connected to the Siliguri city by road, rail and air. Thimpu, Wangdi Phodrong, Paro, Bumathang, Haa, Punakha, etc in Bhutan, Kathmandu, Biratnagar, Bhaktapur, Chitwan, Patan, Lumbini, Pokhara in Nepal, and Chittagong, Dhaka in Bangladesh are well linked with Siliguri by road and airways.
1. Coronation Bridge
2. Iskcon Siliguri
3. Kali Mandir
4. Hong Kong Market
5. The Science City
6. Savin Kingdom
7. Sourian Nature Park
8. Chilapata Forest
9. Bengal Safari
10. City Centre Mall
1. Darjeeling -Darjeeling is located around 61 KMs from Siliguri. Popularly known as the Queen of the Hills and is situated on the foothills of the Himalayas at an
elevation of 2123 meters / 7000 feet. Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is a World Heritage site declared by UNESCO. It’s a ride worth cherishing.
Ghoom, Tinchuley, Takdah, Lebong, Chatakpur, Sukhipokhori, Lepcha Jagat, Baggura, Peshok, Sandakphu, Maneybhanjan, Gauribas, Seemana, Tonglu, Mirik,
Kurseong, Tindharia are all places to visit near Darjeeling. Maneybhanjan, Chitrey, Gauribas, Tonglu, Kalopokhori are some of the places to trek.
2. Mirik -Mirik is located around 47 KMs from Siliguri. Mirik is situated at an elevation of nearly 1768 meters and is the last range before the Terrain or plain land starts. Lake Sumendu, Singha Devi, Deosi Dara, Rameetay Dara, Rai Dhap, Kawlay Dara View point, Helipad & Swiss Cottage, Devisthan is some of the places of interest in Mirik. The town is centered on the Sumendu Lake. Maneybhanjan, Chitrey, Gauribas, Tonglu, Kalopokhori, Falut, Gurdung, Samadein, Gorkey, Rammam are some of the locations guest can enjoy the stay and the view.
3. Kalimpong -Kalimpong is located around 69 KMs from Siliguri. Kalimpong is a quieter destination situated at an elevation of 1243 meters / 4078 feet. Durpin Hill is known for the famous Zong Dog Palri Fo Brang Monastery, Jelap La View Point, Pine View Point, Chitra Bhanu & Kalim Temple, Dr Graham's Homes, Kalimpong Arts & Crafts Centre, Nature Interpretation Centre are some more places of Interest. Pedong, Rikissum, Damsang Fort, Lava, Lolaygaon, Charkhole, Raliekhola, Reshikhola, Monsong, Samthar Valley are all places of interest nearby.
4. Gangtok -Gangtok is located around 116 KMs from Siliguri. This capital city is situated at an elevation of 1780 meters / 5480 feet. Rumtek Monastery, Enchey Monastery, Do Drul Chorten, Ganesh Tok, Tashiling Monastery, Hanuman Tok, Phensong Monastery, Fambong La Wildlife Sanctuary, Saramsa Garden, Tashi Viewpoint, Flower Show, M G Road, Ranka Monastery, Ban Jhakri Falls, Government Institute of Cottage Industry, Sikkim Research Institute of Tibetology, Ridge Park & White Hall Complex, Jawaharlal Nehru Botanical Garden are some of the places of interest in Gangtok.
5. Sikkim -22nd State of India has known for its strategic location with Pelling, Lachen, Lachung, Rinchenpong, Mangan, Ravangla, Hee Bermiok, Namchi, Rhenock, Aritar, Yuksom, Uttarey, Varsey and few other places of tourist interest. Pelling and Gangtok stay has more option for tourist i.e. staying in this two places one can roam more destinations. The Himalayan range in the northern frontier separates India from The Republic of China, Tibetan Autonomous Region, Nepal and Bhutan.
6. Yuksom -Situated at a height of 5800 feet. The place is visited by backpackers who arrive here for these treks. This is an ideal place for leisure holiday, trekker, wildlife, birding and adventure seekers. Yuksom is situated in West Sikkim nearly 40 kilometers from Pelling / Pemayangtse. Norbugang Chorten still bears the evidence of the consecration ceremony like the form of stone seats and foot prints of Latsun Chembo i.e. one of the lamas who consecrated the king. It also serves as the base camp for Dzongri - Goechala trek.
7. Pelling -Is situated at an elevation of 2073 meters / 6800 feet. Its history, natural beauty, traditional culture of the place, home stay at Hee Bermiok, Dunghay are all makes this place a tourist hot spot. Sanga Choeling Monastry and Pemayangtse Monastery is an important attraction in Pelling. Khechepalri lake, Changay waterfall and Kanchendzonga waterfall, Dentam, Singh shore Bridge. Rock Garden and Yuksom are other places of visit. Nearby places of tourist interest are Yuksom, Legship, Namchi, Ravangla, Sikip are nearby places of interest.
8. Ravangla -Situated at an elevation of 7100 feet at the base of Maenam Hill, with pristine landscape and is nearly 75 kilometers from Gangtok. Nearby villages known as Yangang, Tinkitam, Kewzing, Barfung & Bakhim are ideal for home stay and some of them are really hot spot among visitors. It has diverse range of flora and fauna, mountains, waterfalls, Temi tea gardens, peaceful villages, monasteries and fresh air. Kewzing, Bonn Monastery, Ralong Monastery, Borong Hot water springs are worth Visiting. Maenam Peak at nearly 10300 feet offers breathtaking views.
9. Rinchenpong -Rinchenpong in Lepcha dialect means the place to assemble. Pong means place and Rinchen stands for assembly. Maggi Dara is a place with a new monastery is being built close to the Rabindra Smriti Van. Trek to Bersey Rhododendron Sanctuary or visit Bersey Rhododendron Sanctuary by Road, Sai Mandir at Daramdin, Singshore Bridge, Samduptse statue and Heritage House of 1860 are places of interest nearby. Rinchenpong Monastery and Resume monastery are places of tourist interest.
10. Uttarey / Varsey -The Varsey Rhododendron Sanctuary is a destination in the Singalila Range. From Barsey one can trek to Sandhukphu and Phalut in Darjeeling via Gorkhey. The sanctuary is spread across nearly 104 square kilometers across the Singalila Range. This Sanctuary can be approached from three points; they are Hilley, Dentam and Soreng. The approach path to Varsey / Bashey Getting there is either from Jorethang – Sombaria - Hilley by road or trek from Soreng to Barsey is 12 kilometers – start from the Soreng Bazaar.
11. Lachen -An exotic and remote destination in north Sikkim situated at a height of 8840 feet and a five to six hour drive from Gangtok can be reached at afternoon covering nearly 120 kilometers. Lachen serves as a base for visiting Thangu, Chopta Valley and Gurudongmar Lake. Gurudongmar Lake, Chopta Valley, Thangu are the places of interest and Green Lake trek can start from Thangu or Lachen. Lachung is close and is known for hot water spring, Yumthang, Zero point; Yumesamdong and Katao are some of the places of tourist interest.
12. Lachung -Situated at an altitude of 3564 meters / 11800 feet is a paradise on earth with rhododendron adding color to life. Known for its waterfalls, hot springs, glaciers, Wildlife and the majestic snow covered land. The road from Lachung to Yumthang is lined with rhododendrons with Chungthang on the way, where the river Lachen Chu and Lachung Chu meets. Lachung and Lachen requires special permit, have the basic infrastructure and is nearly 5 to 6 hours drive. Green Lake trek is one of the most difficult treks not for the altitude
13. Dooars -Gorumara National Park, Chapramari Wildlife Park, Lataguri, Toto Para, Chilapata Forest, Buxa Tiger Reserve, Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga, Jayanti, Bhutanghat, Rajabhatkawa, Alipurduar, Khukusia Park with Khairbari Tiger Rescue Centre, Kunja Nagar, Samsing, Bindu, Jaldhaka, SantaleyKhola, Cooch Behar, Rasikbeel, Bindu Dam, Jaldhaka Hydel Project, Cardamom Curing Centre, Godak Village, Tea gardens, Gahunbari, Gajoldoba, Murti, Phuentsholling, Rachela Pass, Mouchuki, Neora Valley National Park, Bodaganj, Bhramri Devi Temple, Jatileswar Temple, Jalpesh Temple are some of the places of interest.
14. Namchi -The latest tourist attraction is the Char Dham - a pilgrimage center of the Hindu deity Lord Shiva. Ropeway is also being constructed from Samdruptse to Namchi town and then to Char Dham for tourist to views the hills and surroundings. Temi tea garden, Damthang, Doling Gumpha, Cottage industry, Rock Garden near Namchi bazaar, Samdruptse, one of the tallest statue in Asia of Guru Padmasambhava, Phaley Dara or seven hills, Alley Monastery, helipad, Chaar Dham, etc. are tourist hot spot nearby. Pelling, Ravangla, Yuksom, Hee Bermiok, Legship, Rinchenpong are all nearby.
15. Jaldapara Wildlife Sanctuary